All-in-all Writing

Edification and education are the neccessary elements for living a fulfilling life.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Natural Aversion to Homosexuality

The other day I heard the most ‘provoking’ story, but later I considered it as ‘thought provoking’: Two guys were caught pants down doing themselves in the study room of a male hall. The whole male student population of the hall descended on them and beat them to a pulp, with their faces left of nothing but masses of red tissues. The worst part of the news was that they were not student of the university at all, but were strangers who had taken the advantage of the openness of the halls and their study rooms to perpetrate these sordid acts.

When I learnt of the story, I was equally disgusted as much as the boys that did the beating. I felt the strong aversion for such abnormal act, and I criticized alongside the students who had shared the story of the incident with me. I walked away still feeling very much the same until reasoning and sentiments took hold of me.

In the world of today where we worship actors, musicians and stars alike, who openly declare their homosexual nature, yet we find it hard to accept it among ourselves.

The case is simple, I will agree that they were wrong to have turned the study room (which they were not entitled to use in the first place) into a sexual arena, and for that they should be punished accordingly.

However, being severely punished, almost to a point of death, just because they do not agree with their sexual preference registers the fact that they are bullies and monsters of a being. It is the same people that will hum the tune of Sir Elton John and cheer at the act of Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf in ‘Lord of the Rings’), but monstrous and hypocritical enough to beat two gay lovers up, not for their careless discretion but for their lack of ‘commonality’.

But I ask myself a question over and over again, “Why did I feel disgusted at first when I was told, was it cruel of me, or was it humanly instinctive?"

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting story indeed. I agree, being severly punished, almost to the brink of death, was quite unnecessary. Like they say, "Two wrongs don't make a right." Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    That is gruesome.
    Yeah, I like your thinking.

    Ay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya buddy I agree too with you, nice sharing anyway

    http://blog-infotech.blogspot.com
    http://computer-techinfo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete